Thanks Bryan. There is actually another step not explicitly mentioned. At
least for 0.1.0 -> 0.2.0, I needed to modify the nifi-registry.properties
file as well. The 0.2.0 version has new properties/values not in the 0.1.0.
And, I had to set the following for the database (using values from 0.1.0).
This was only required on the first startup; these properties can be empty
values on subsequent startups.
nifi.registry.db.directory=
nifi.registry.db.url.append=

In the future, if using a database location that is external to the
installation directory, is nifi.registry.db.url the only property that
needs to be modified?