Erik,

I think a lot of people would benefit from having both the JVM debugger
option AND your debug logging. Go ahead and send us a PR for your debug
logging and I'll do a ticket to add the JVM debugger. I just merged a
change to the Docker setup that will make the JVM debugger much easier to
enable.

Thanks,

Mike