David, All,

This is an excellent writeup/good framing.  I am supportive of this
as-is since it is achievable and lays out a clear path.  We can make
milestone releases of NiFi 2.0.0 along the way until we achieve all
the stated goals. I assume migration bits will be the long pole and
once we have them sorted we can kick out a 2.0.0.   We already have a
version guide that governs how long we'd keep 1.x maintained though
the phase out is pretty natural as we move main to a 2.0.0 basis
anyway.

Not to confuse this thread but it makes me think we could do a similar
framing for a NiFi 3.0 which lays out a potentially new approach to
NiFi decoupling the web/interface from the runtime/operations and one
which is more fundamentally K8S based.  But we can cross that bridge a
bit later.  Does seem more and more like folks in the community would
like to know more about the potential directions we can go.

Thanks!
Joe