Hi,

The crawl command seems to add a lot of confusion. It hides the entire crawl
cycle logic from new users, leading to questions, lack of understanding of
basic Nutch concepts, unsupported switches of the jobs it executes, more
problems etc. I am quite an opponent of the crawl command and would also not
recommend it to anyone including new users. A running Nutch almost always
requires some scripting here and there, cron jobs, locks etc.

I propose (most likely a challenging statement) to deprecate the crawl command
in 1.4.

Users, developers, please comment.

Thanks