This is what is currently done and what I was essentially proposing.

I really don't know about the size of the bin artifact if we enable all
gora-* dependencies before packaging it for distribution... thanks to input
from yourselves we recently sorted out some size issues with 1.5, it would
be good to to have 2.0 shadow this.

I am +1 for shipping just src distributions for 2.0, this would keep the
default (gora-sql 0.1.1-incubating) ivy configuration.

If users can't do 'ant runtime' then you kinda got to wonder how they're
using Nutch at all...