> If I remember correct;ly one could not run multiple Nutch instances from the
> same user
> because all those instances would write to the same TMP file or something
> like this...

Just make sure that every instance has it's own temp folder configured by
setting
  -Dhadoop.tmp.dir=...
That's required for local mode (which was thought for testing). In single-node
pseudo-distributed
mode the temp folders are automatically configured per job.

> try and use Hadoop 3, say like till the end of next week and report back.

Then you might try pseudo-distributed mode:

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r3.0.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/SingleCluster.html

Best,
Sebastian