What is coming is 10-30 patches per day.  When the Apache repositories are set up.  I will cease processing all changes. All PRs and patches that I receive will be forwarded to this email.  It is then the PPMC's total responsibility to deal with them.  Drop the ball for one day and you will be behind 10-30 commits.  Drop the ball for ten more days and you will be 100-300 commits behind.  That will be a crisis!
There are slower times and busier times for commits.  It changes like the seasons.  It changes during the week as well.  Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are usually lighter.  Today, Friday the 13th, there were only 8 commits.