I am just wondering if we are excluding any users by forcing everyone to use PRs.  I personally don't have problems with mixed PRs and patches, provided that the patches apply clean.  I think we should take the side of the lowest common denominator user and NOT the point of view that makes our job the slickest.

Remember that the majority of NuttX users do not use git at all. They use the release tarballs which have all GIT information stripped out.  No GIT and not GIT knowledge is required to use NuttX.  I don't know if it is customary to strip GIT out of Apache tarballs, but still we need to accept users that have no GIT skills.

It is one of the core principles of NuttX that "all users matter" and that we do nothing to restrict the use of the OS, especially not to make out internal life simpler at the expense of a world of users.  We should do the opposite; we should keep the complexit o y inside the project and do all we can to make NuttX accessible to all users.

Greg