Hmm...going further, the only way I see to deal with this at the nxgl layer above the lcd structure itself is to add a nx_redraw with corresponding NX_EVENT_REDRAWING/NXEVENT_REDRAWN event callbacks, but that makes the nxgl layer device-aware...I don't see how it can't be really, these things are pretty different to traditional LCDs. For the case of the lcd nx_updatedisplay member not being present I would just return the NXEVENT_REDRAWN immediately so everything would remain back-compatible.

I don't really see any way to avoid this. Greg, any suggestions for a better approach?

Regards

DAVE