Looks really complex to me, if any contributor has to master all of this
perfectly to contribute officially.

the submodule sync with these specific options is already too much.

do you really realize all that has to be memorized just for a hat repo?

to put it another way: if you assure me that this hat repo is completely
optional and that I will never ever have to use it, I'm okay. let me use my two
repos as usual and play with your hat submodules without annoying anyone else.

But, if this workflow requires such a complex string of git commands including
rebase anytime I have to push anything to the apps or nuttx repo, I dont want to
do it.

Again just my opinion.

But the endless list of complex git commands with additional options is probably
a blocker for many other people too.

I dont even want to read it all.

You and me both.  The near term objective of the PPMC is just to come up with a list -- maybe one page double spaced -- that just summarizes the steps that changes will undergo going from a patch (or PR) to being merged into master.  Should be pretty simple. These would be the "functional" requirements of the workflow.

I think only 5 emails in the whole list really address these functional requirements.   The reset is all rambling git and github talk that completely buries the goal to establish clean functional requirements.  Details of the use of git, any special testing setups in git, and all of that is part of the implementation phase.  Mixing implementation and functional specification is always a disaster.

You should not have to be concerned now and you should having this conversations but, like everything else, you have been swept into the chaos vortex.  Abandon hope all ye who enter here.