From: 张铎(Duo Zhang) [mailto:palomino...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2019 4:35 AM
To: dev@nuttx.apache.org
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Simple Workflow Proposal

For our Chinese people we do not think starting working when the
requirements are not very clear is a big risk, this is what happens every
day here. You can not plan everything so just have a try, if it does not
work then just drop it and retry, no harm :)

And in my experience, if we can not agree on something, and seems the
direction of the conversation is not going to solve the problem, then we
should stop, and try to make consensus on something else, maybe on a higher
level, or a precondition of the current problem. If we can not even make a
consensus then we do not need to talk any more, honestly.

And back to the discussion here, I think we all agree that, we want the
NuttX project to be successful right? Everyone here just wants to help,
let’s be friendly to each other.

And second, what is the most emergency problem for now? I do not think it
is the workflow. We can not accept new patches, this is the biggest problem
I think. And since it is Christmas so as Greg said maybe we can delay it
for two weeks, but anyway it will still be the biggest problem after we
come back from Christmas(OK I need to say that we Chinese people do not
have Christmas holidays...).

Do we really need a new workflow for accepting patches? I do not think so,
now the only difference is that the code has been moved from bitbucket to
github, so follow the old workflow is an option I’d say. Let’s do things
step by step.

Anyway, I think we should make a consensus first, if we all agree that
accepting new patches is the most emergency problem for now, then we can
start to talk the further actions. If not, let’s first define the problem.
We really need to start from a consensus.

My two cents. Thanks.

Gregory Nutt <spudan...@gmail.com>于2019年12月23日 周一10:02写道: