For MSYS2 on my i7-3770 it's (every tests with jobs enabled):
# make distclean
# tools/configure.sh stm32f4discovery/nsh
# time make -j
real    6m24,970s
user    1m5,615s
sys     3m18,369s

# make clean -j
# time make -j
real    4m26,780s
user    0m58,376s
sys     2m54,523s

For comparison I checked out one commit before the "-I to INCDIR" change:
#git checkout 23668a4b9b3c15c7367ff21befb4a6f48d01ffb7
# make distclean
# tools/configure.sh stm32f4discovery/nsh
# time make -j
real    3m52,370s
user    0m40,846s
sys     2m1,092s

# make clean -j
# time make -j
real    3m0,449s
user    0m34,298s
sys     1m39,438s

What is interesting:
With the change to incdir.c portions of the build process are still slower than
before the "-I to INCDIR" change, but other portions are faster
(libdrivers,libboard).
It would be interesting if someone could verify my results (or am I the only
MSYS2 user?).
Overall it's still slower than before, but it's back in the ballpark.

Thanks.

Johannes