Dear Nuttx developers,

we have developed the EsPiff (ESP32+RP2040 on the Raspberry Pi Form Factor), a open source board to replace RasPi's and there clones, where the high processing power and/or Linux is not needed, but stability and the reuse of RasPi HATs are required.

The github home is https://github.com/MDCservice/EsPiFF

We will also offer the EsPiFF on CrowdSupply https://www.crowdsupply.com/mdc-service-wittenburg-gmbh/espiff

We would like to send a few boards for free to Nuttx developers, to improve Nuttx compatibility. Would there be interest?

A high level summary about the EsPiFF:
An ESP32-WROVER-I module with 16 MB Flash, 8 MB PSRAM is taking care
- wired Ethernet via a IP101 PHY,
- Wifi (need an external Wifi Antenna with uFL connector),
- 3 serial UARTs,
- one the 3 serial UARTs is used for programming via a CH340 USB-UART chip, what can be enabled/disabled with jumpers, - I2C port expander PCA 9557 for some chip select signals and 3 user LEDs,
- SDcard in SPI mode,
- external real time clock, with supervisior,
- 2kB FRAM,
- USB Type-C connector for up to 5V/3A, connected to the CH340 USB-UART to program the ESP32

An RP2040 (Pi Pico) what takes care the 40 pin RasPi header,
- connected to the ESP32 via SPI,
- UAB-A connector, also used to program the RP2040 (need to hold the boot button while power the board).

In earlier versions, we had the LAN8720 PHY, but as others (Olimex, wESP) we also got problems and replaced it with the IP101 since v3.1.

Currently, there is no HW debugging broken out on the board. But we could add a JTAG header on the bottom side, with TDO, TDI, TCK, TMS, GND, 3V3 in the next board production run. The ESP32 has the JTAG pins on GPIO12, 13, 14, 15, what are used for SPI on the EsPiFF, so code using the SPI could not be debugged while JTAG is using the pins. Would it still make sense to build in the JTAG header?

Would be glad to get your feedback,
Michael