Hi,

I am really certain "people" have the best intention, but it would be even better if they shared these with the rest of the community.

And I am not talking about code review.

You cant review code if you dont know there IS serious code to review.

And we dont need to review every typo.

I am talking in decisions that will have a long lasting effect on everyone and will render current doc obsolete.

Like, it would have been great to read a thread like this:

---

Hi,

We believe the make output is too verbose and we have this PR to make it silent.

What do you think about this and how should we integrate this feature?

We plan to use V=0 to keep the previous behaviour, do you think we should use a config setting instead?

Please tell us what you think, the pr link is here: <url>.

Best regards etc

---

This is not code review. This is not issues.

It's not tools either, it's people.

I do not want a "mailing list experience". I want shared discussion about project design and topics we all care about, not just as coding machines typing faster than light.

It is evident that the commit mailing list is just unusable for any of this.

Code changes should be more than "I request code, please pull kthxbye, approved, done"

I hope this discussion gets positive contributions so we come up with something better than today.

Again this is not just about more automated tools and processes.

Sebastien.