On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 10:05 PM Sebastien Lorquet <sebast...@lorquet.fr>
wrote:

> I dont think your point of view is very realistic. You seem to be
> turning the situation into something that pleases you but is not really
> compatible with what can be observed from outside.
>
> In the archive for 2023 there are 2035 topics, I just overlooked more
> than 600 of them and ALL of them are just copies of github messages. And
> this is normal, because this is unusable.
>
> Also, I cannot actively review ALL the hundreds of pull requests that
> are regularly sent by large companies.
>
> I am primarily a user, that sometimes sends small contributions.
>
> And I am unhappy when I see that other people were careless with nice
> code and do whatever they want for their own agenda without any
> consideration for other users.
>
> To be honest I dont fully understand why SO MANY changes are required to
> core OS features that should be stable.

Here is the commit summary for nuttx and zephyr:
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/graphs/contributors
https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/graphs/contributors
You can see that nuttx is far behind than zephyr.

> There need to be some triage when a new pull request is sent, its
> severity evaluated by someone who is NOT in the company of the original
> contributor, and if severe, it has to be approved on the mailing list. I
> cannot do that alone, even if I try.

There is no real difference whether you review the change from email or
github. The important thing is that you have to take the time to review and
approve/reject the change, So, I would suggest that you spend half an hour
every day reviewing and commenting on the patch.

> At this point do you realize that more than !~90ish% of changes seem to
> come from xiaomi developers and most of these are approved by xiaoxiang
> alone?

Here is a summary Alan collected recently:
 https://www.mail-archive.com/dev@nuttx.apache.org/msg08967.html
Xiaomi makes around 50% contrution, not 90%.

Because this HAS to be said. They send overwhelming numbers
> contributions that cannot be possibly understood as a whole, there is no
> clear agenda, they add whatever they like with no roadmap and no review
> from other users that may have other uses.
>
> This has to be under control somehow. I believe even you Alan are not
> aware of the amount of code that enters nuttx. No one can be now.

First, most of my changes are reviewed and merged by non-xiaomi committers.
Other patches from xiaomi normally are reviewed and merged by non-xiaomi
committers.
In rare cases, I may review and merge the patch if it is a trivial fix or
not be reviewed for more than three days.
But I will review carefully regardless the patch come from xiaomi or
others, Here is one example:
https://github.com/apache/nuttx/pull/8619