First of all, people never respect pull request formats if this is not enforced. So enforcement is required as well.

But this is not sufficient by itself, since a programmer's initial impression of a change can be widely and underestimated.

Often times you *really need* that pull request integrated asap, so you will minimize its impact.

No tool can catch that. Impact evaluation is the responsibility of the busy committer, and it cannot be trusted. This will lead to important problems filtering right through without anyone noticing.

So as a conclusion I dont think that it would help a lot.

Sebastien