On 3/10/2023 7:44 PM, Huang Qi wrote:
>>  The ECHO behavior can be disabled ONLY if TERMIOS are enabled.
>>  TERIMIOS is now required by POSIX and, further, if TERMIOS is not
>>  system, many features are now broken.  Like hiding the password when
>>  logging into NSH.
> Yes maybe we should select TERMIOS if some features really need it ? Most apps don't need it, only
> termcurse/nsh login rely on it now in my known.

> The those Kconfig files should select TERMIOS_SERIAL, right?

Yes, this is a chioce, or we can make TERMIOS enabled forcely, but will cause a extra 1KB overhead for all target.

That 1Kb number seems large to me.  Most of that is in the lower-half, UART driver, right?  If so then the size would vary dramatically from chip-to-chip.

As a percentage growth, I suppose even 1Kb is not so large.  Probably less then 2%