On 3/13/2024 2:42 PM, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
You want Rust in the core go ahead write RustOS have fun maintaining it for 5
years and show us its better :-)

You are probably right in that.  It would probably be necessary have to be a different OS if any extensive amount of Rust is used.  POSIX defines a C interface to the OS with C function prototypes and C data types.  I haven't looked at this carefully, but a significant use of Rust might jeopardize POSIX compatibility (or require a mess of C conversion wrappers).  It would probably be better to have a pure RustOS with a non-POSIX, but POSIX-like OS interface.

I am not a language chauvinist, but I think we should avoid the complexity and maintenance issues of a mixed language solution (as enumerated by others in this thread).