On 5/3/2024 2:12 AM, Lee, Lup Yuen wrote:
https://lupyuen.github.io/articles/pr#check-coding-style
Nice article.  This would be good to have in the documentation.
I'm not aware of a script that does auto-formatting for NuttX Code. I do it
manually in VSCode :-)

There used to be a couple of scripts under tools used standard pretty printer programs to format NuttX code.  Those were imperfect, however, and it appear to have been removed (probably for that reason).

The coding style is similar to the GNU coding style with some extensions and differences.  There is an official FSF GNJ coding style document but it is universally disliked, not because of the coding style, but because it is so long, "preachy", and controversial.. like a political manifesto.  The Wikipedia article  is short: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_coding_standards