On the Tiny Tapeout discord channel, the engineer who submitted the Z80 design said the z88dk toolchain was the "most mature".  Looking at it I believe he may be correct as it has a full compliment of tools simialr to an GNU toolchain. It uses sdcc but with improvements / enhancements and it is maintained (last commit was 2 days ago):

https://github.com/z88dk/z88dk

Ken