Basically a partnerLinkType is an abstraction that names two related
portTypes, so you can then define two partnerLinks the represent each view (
i.e. roles reversed), and given two process definition somehow deduct (and
often be right) that they're related because they share a common
partnerLinkType.

But as far as execution is concerned, declaring a partnerLink directly
achieves the same thing.

Assaf