Hi Paul,

Please see my comments inline.

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Paul Foxworthy <p...@cohsoft.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Suraj,
>
> Yes, that information is valuable, and you should be able to find it. I
> still don't think it all belongs in the FinAccountTrans.
>
> You are right that a credit card payment or a store account payment will
> almost certainly be for one order. But other FinAccountTrans instances will
> be more complicated than that. There may be more than one reason for the
> FinAccountTrans.
>
> I might receive ten cheque payments from ten different customers. If I
> deposit them in the bank all at once, that's one deposit and one
> FinAccountTrans associated with ten Payments. Each payment might be for
> several orders. Each order might have several shipments, and each shipment
> might be invoiced separately. Each payment might have several
> PaymentApplications for several Invoices. The world is more complicated,
> and the right thing to do is to have separate FinAccountTrans, Payment,
> PaymentApplication, Order, Shipment and Invoice entities. There are
> one-to-many relationships between these.

I think in this case, one *FinAccountTrans* record will be created when you
receive a cheque payments from a customer with DEPOSIT purpose which marks
*paymentId* in *FinAccountTrans *entity.
And moving further when certain amount from that payment is applied to any
invoice, another *FinAccountTrans *will be created with corresponding
orderId/shipmentId with WITHDRAWAL purpose.

In this manner I think we can track every transaction happened with the
*FinAccount.*

Is this making sense you as well or am I missing something?

--
Thanks and Regards,
*Suraj Khurana* | Sr. Enterprise Software Engineer