Of course, as retweeted Sharan, we can still hope the Groovy community will
resolve these issues as planned

https://twitter.com/ApacheGroovy/status/937684077045481475

Also, even if it's out of subject and for a long term (how long?) future, I'm still worried about Groovy future (starting with Java 9 and after)... I hope we will not find ourselves having to migrate services from Groovy after having done the Minilang migration or even while doing it...
And if you get some time you might appreciate to read
https://lists.apache.org/list.html?us...@groovy.apache.org:gte=1d:java%209 and
the related Jira