发件人: biletnikov@ [mailto:gmail.com biletni...@gmail.com]
发送时间: 2018年3月6日 20:53
收件人: dev@ofbiz.apache.org
主题: OFBiz in cluster, load balance, different availability zones

Hi all, I still support OFBiz 12.04 + some custom extensions for one customer.

Now, we need to launch OFBiz in a cluster or it is better to say on different
machines in different availability zones in AWS infrastructure.

The main problem arises here is the http session replications among all
machines.
At least, in OFBiz 12.04 we have a clustering solution for Tomcat container
using SimpleTcpCluster.
It is the way when all instances must share sessions via broadcasting IP
packets, although this way maybe good for clustering on the one server
instances, but it will not work in cloud infrastructure and in different
availability zones.  Because broadcasting IP packets are very low level
communication which is not supported in the cloud services.

Another solutions, which Tomcat proposes for session replication are:

- use shared file system and common directory to store and read sessions

- use shared database to replicate sessions

I am working on the support for these two solutions in Catalina container.

However, I would like to ask you, maybe we have another solution in OFBiz to
work with ?

Thank you.