There are 18 emails so far in this thread of which 13 are yours.

- You mentioned stuff from wikipedia
- then you mentioned stuff about licensing
- then you switched to birt
- then you talked about the author
- then you go back to questioning how to render PDFs in BIRT
- then you talk about your test logs for PDF rendering in BIRT (or
something like that)
- then you talk about the gradle cache
- then you talk about digital signatures
- then you talk about discussing things with apache legal
- then you ask people for their opinion
- then you go back to BIRT

So to answer your question, YES, it's very hard to read you :) Many of
your emails are long with lots of URLs and jump around multiple
topics. I personally cannot keep up, and that's why when you present a
question to the community, I have to ask you to pin down exactly what
you want.

Now back to this thread: I'm always in favor of completely removing
libraries where possible. This means refactoring CompDocServices.java
and PdfSurveyServices.java. I'm not sure how much work would that be,
but if it is a lot of work, then the work that I proposed might be a
quick fix for now (exclusion in gradle).