That's not serious, remains a legal issue as explained at
https://developers.itextpdf.com/question/versions-older-than-5

<<This answer is also applicable to iTextSharp versions lower than iTextSharp 5.0.0.0. Some people claim that they use iText 4.2.0, but that version has never been officially released.>>

Our users deserver better than saying that I could fix BIRT. You did not get
it, there is nothing to fix in BIRT.

It's unrelated. We speak about a clear dependency in framework to iText 4.2.0
here!

Jacques