A few comments:

1- I would suggest to try and avoid in the future committing any
design changes to the framework without discussing it properly in the
mailing list first
2- I think it would be better to revert this work. I noticed in the
JIRA for example that Mathieu Lirzin asked for some time to review his
work when you just committed his work without checking what he wanted
to do, and he later provided refactoring patches.
3- I would recommend providing a summary of what you want to commit.
The commit was too long and I don't want to read line-by-line
everything in the code to understand what was achieved. Let's first
discuss in here what is being done, agree on the general direction,
and THEN apply a commit.

Those are my recommendations, and I don't know about the rest of the
folks opinion here so I invite everyone else to have their input.