Hello Everyone,

We want to make this formal with proper community consensus and I will
try to keep this short.

In [1] Mathieu Lirzin is providing some (in my opinion) good work on
converting the Control Servlet logic to be able to handle the
different HTTP methods (GET, POST, etc ...) The purpose of the work in
this JIRA is simple. You should be able to call a request with a
different HTTP methods by using a format like <request-map uri="ping"
method="post">. You can find a more detailed discussion in [2]. This
is the first step of a multi-step process to be able to integrate REST
API with OFBiz.

So, this is a proposal to apply the following:
1- Enhance the controller to be able to accommodate one-or-more HTTP
methods (method="GET,POST")
2- Enhance the controller to further be able to get "patterns" that
can be mapped to REST APIs. So a request like
https://host/control/request/customer/orders/1/orderName can be
processed as a resource

Please correct me if I was wrong on anything written here Mathieu, and
please everyone provide your feedback if you approve of moving forward
with this initiative.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-10438
[2] https://s.apache.org/ec2r