Hi *,

checkstyle currently reports a huge amount of errors. We currently have an error count setup in the configuration to prevent the build from failing because of the present errors.

Some thoughts/questions to the community:

* should we take an approach to fine-tune theĀ  configuration so that it better fits the project style?

As an example, constants are currently not allowed to be named "module", "resource" etc. which is a common pattern in our code. Changing from ^[A-Z][A-Z0-9]*(_[A-Z0-9]+)*$ to ^[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*(_[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*$ would allow the common naming.

The opposite approach would be to rename those to fit the default settings.

* should we start an initiative to remove the valid errors like we did with the FindBugs initiative some time ago?

Thanks for your feedback,

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de