Inline...

Le 13/02/2020 à 17:44, Michael Brohl a écrit :
Hi *,

checkstyle currently reports a huge amount of errors. We currently have an error count setup in the configuration to prevent the build from failing because of the present errors.

Some thoughts/questions to the community:

* should we take an approach to fine-tune the  configuration so that it better
fits the project style?

+1, eg I was surprises by checkstyle rejecting {} when { } was OK, sounded a
bit harsh to me

As an example, constants are currently not allowed to be named "module", "resource" etc. which is a common pattern in our code. Changing from ^[A-Z][A-Z0-9]*(_[A-Z0-9]+)*$ to ^[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z0-9]*(_[a-zA-Z0-9]+)*$ would allow the common naming.

The opposite approach would be to rename those to fit the default settings.

* should we start an initiative to remove the valid errors like we did with the
FindBugs initiative some time ago?

+1 and what would be useful is to have a count on the error/s before and after
a commit and very useful the list of changes in error.

Thanks