Hi,

+1 to have some products in demo data with decimal quantity configuration.

Also, if we agree for product store level configuration, it should be
entertaining in a similar manner as we have done for requireInventory
(Check service isStoreInventoryRequiredInline).
Means, giving priority to product level configuration and then store level.

HTH.
--
Best Regards,
Suraj Khurana