Note that, despite not having applied the patch, R18 works using "gradlew cleanAll loadAll ofbiz"
Ah forgot: I did not clean the Gradle cache

Just to be clear. it was not needed to clear the Gradle cache because another
lib is used to replace syndication.

To prove it was not needed to clear the Gradle cache; I nevertheless cleared all syndication stuff from the Gradle cache and tested again with success Wiebke's solution.

I believe her solution definitely clears the case. Even if it seems no changes
were needed in R18 as our initial tests on 18.12.2 proved.

So +1 for Wiebke's solution to be included not only in trunk but also in R18
before releasing 18.12.2  (I hope it's totally clear now :)