Hi Hans,

I have read the threads and the blog posts, and considering the requirements:

* the need to maintain (serialized) inventory items and ship/receive them
* the need to depreciate the items as assets

I am wondering if you have considered the design of:

* using product/inventory items (mostly) as in standard OFBiz (add to cart
products then reserve,pick,ship inventory items then return product/item)
* using fixed assets only for the depreciation

Without looking at the details (and I guess I may be missing some of them) this
seems to me a simpler approach that would have caused a smaller impact in the
existing code.

Kind regards,

Jacopo