On 3/15/2012 7:57 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
Not only this; well, yes it is simply this at the technical level but it is much much more in the end result and approach: in fact in my poc I have laid out some simple but very effective best practices for programming services and events: the code I added is minimal (a few lines... that after Adrian's refactoring became 10 times more... but the OFBiz community likes heavy stuff :-) )

The refactoring might have added a few lines to the Groovy implementation, but it also eliminates the need for these classes:

BshUtil.java
GroovyUtil.java
BeanShellEngine.java
BSFEngine.java
GroovyEngine.java
BsfEventHandler.java
GroovyEventHandler.java

and when mini-language implements JSR-223, these classes will not be needed:

SimpleEventHandler.java
SimpleServiceEngine.java

The refactoring also adds support for many more scripting languages.

So, I'm having a hard time understanding how the elimination of nine classes (1100 lines of code) while adding support for more scripting languages can be considered "heavy stuff."