sorry i not understand.....do not worry i give up now, want to keep my PMC veto for other changes is see coming up....

Regards,
Hans

On 03/25/2012 04:54 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Hans,

Sure it would be tedious to have to type /tools each time you have to start/stop an instance. But, like you proposed symbolic links in root, there are means to avoid that on all platforms. I mean it's easy to set something specific at the beginning of a project and forget about what comes OOTB, being in dev, staging or prod. So I'd not recommned adding symbolic links OOTB, this
would again defeat the purpose of the current goal: to slim down.

BTW I moved ofbiz.aptana.js.format.xml to tools. I think root is clean now.

Jacques

From: "Hans Bakker" <mailingl...@antwebsystems.com>
On 03/25/2012 02:19 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
On Mar 24, 2012, at 12:32 PM, Hans Bakker wrote:

Hi Jacques,

Anything can be changed and anything can be adapted, however such basic commands like start and stop should not be moved
lightly.

The compromise i can offer is to have the original commit with symbolic links in the root called startofbiz.sh and stopofbiz.sh
We are not negotiating: please revert your commits because with them you are blocking something that was discussed in the
community and agreed upon.

Jacopo

In order not to block further development i reverted the changes.
However , hiding such important changes in the many messages is not the way to go and, as we also discussed, there should be a
proper description of the changes.
I left the original start/stop scripts in the root directory waiting until an agreement is reached.

As i mentioned, my proposal is to convert these scripts to links into the tools directory.

Hans

these commands are not used only by CI but much more often manually and i see no reason to type every time tools/ in front of
it.

Regards,
Hans