But as Pierre outlined the permissions concern is important.
Since Scott suggests to improve it in the Accounting component: +1

Jacques

From: "Mansour Al Akeel" <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Scott made a good point.
If there is duplicated code, and they don't add much useful
functionality, then they can move out, provided this will not break
anything.
+1

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 9:56 PM, Scott Gray <scott.g...@hotwaxmedia.com> wrote:
I have no problem with moving them out.

Pierre, there is actually very little functionality available to either of those apps and nothing that isn't already available in the main accounting app. They do however carry the burden of two extra webapps and a LOT of duplicated code. There is nothing there that couldn't be achieved with better handling of the permissions within the main accounting app. The goal here as with all of these cleanup efforts is to reduce unnecessary elements within OFBiz, improve the consistency of what is available and then move forward with good design on a solid base.

Moving components, webapps and whatever else to Extras is simply saying that we don't believe these items belong in a core OFBiz distribution, nothing prevents them from being maintained by the community and used by anyone who would choose to do so. If there is doubt that the components would be maintained after leaving OFBiz then in my mind that is more of a reason to discard them than to keep them.

Regards
Scott