Jacques

From: "Pierre Smits" <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
If you don't have an internet connection, you wouldn't be able to download
OFBiz.

Op 11 april 2012 22:44 schreef Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com
het volgende:

The problem with this approach: it does not work if you don't have an
Internet connection: blocking

-1

Jacques

From: "Pierre Smits" <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>

 Hi Jacopo,

How about using Apache Ivy more to manage dependencies. That way OFBiz
should reduce in size dramatically and the modifications of the licence
and
notice file are trimmed down considerably.

Regards,

Pierre

Op 11 april 2012 18:49 schreef Jacopo Cappellato <
jacopo.cappellato@hotwaxmedia.**com <jacopo.cappell...@hotwaxmedia.com>>
het volgende:

 Hi all,

the following are housekeeping tasks that could be part of the "SlimDown"
roadmap we could do (help from the community would be highly appreciated)
related to the big number of jar files bundled with OFBiz:

* making sure all jar files are marked as binary
* making sure they are listed properly in LICENSE (and if required
NOTICE)
file
* making sure we are running stable versions and not snapshots (whenever
possible)
* upgrade jars to use latest versions (whenever possible)
* remove jars no more needed
* rename old jars to add release numbers in the file name

Any ideas on how to document compilation and runtime dependencies,
purpose
and versions of each jars bundled in OFBiz?
A useful (but outdated/incomplete) source of information is this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/**confluence/display/OFBADMIN/**
Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Libraries+Included+in+OFBiz>

You may have noticed that in the last few days I already started the work
of upgrading some jars, setting the file properties to binary etc..

I have also identified a few jars that may not be needed anymore, but I
would like your help/input in figuring out if we can actually remove
them;
in fact, even if I was able to compile and run successfully all tests it
is
still not guaranteed that some of them may be used under special
conditions
at runtime (this is true for all jars):

framework/base/lib/ant/ant-**nodeps-1.8.1.jar
framework/base/lib/Tidy.jar
framework/base/lib/ant-trax-1.**8.0.jar
framework/base/lib/commons/**commons-vfs-20070730.jar

There may be other files in the same condition.

Kind regards,