On 11/15/2012 10:54 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> This is now completed at rev. 1409880
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Attic
>
> Jacopo
>
> On Jul 26, 2012, at 8:09 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>
>> ... the removal will be documented, as usual, in the "Attic" page:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Attic

Hmm, sad.  I understand the reasoning, and I've been super busy at
work, and missed both the original email and this final one.  Ean had
to poke me about it.

The debian folder *does* function, and will produce proper
debian-policy-compliant debs.  The only reason you don't see it
uploaded to debian.org(I am also a debian developer, or used to be),
is that ofbiz embeds outside libraries in side it, and that is not
allowed for an upload to debian main.

I'd like to keep this around, but I also understand the desire to keep
ofbiz upstream clean.  Here are my thoughts, based on a discussion Ean
and I *just* had here at work.

1: Create a fork of ofbiz on github.  Git is much better for
distributed development.
2: Re-add this debian folder from the attic.
3: Import any changes I might have locally.  This should be small, as
I was mostly upstream(I need to check a few older branches).
3: Announce this branch as the location for debian development.
*Only* changes to make debian integration should be placed here.
4: Start filing issue trees in jira for pure upstream work.  This
would include things like removing embedded libraries(maybe a
post-download kinda thing).