Hi Adam,

glad to see you back.

First of all an off topic (I apologize for it but I ): the guy at
Freemarker.org is still waiting for your CLA that is necessary to include your
patch into the next Freemarker release (we are currently using a Freemarker jar
modified by you and we should fix it asap); please get in touch with him and/or
resend the CLA when you can. Thank you.

As regards the debian folder, I am sure it was working but it is also true that
it is a very specific component and that no one in this community (apart you)
showed interest or even attempted to maintain it (I am sure no one apart from
you would be able to): these are all good reasons for moving it out to the
official trunk and releases; however I see it a good tool that you could
provide distribute outside of the official project.
You can think of the best way to do this (it seems you already have some) but I
also want to mention (since you are very busy) that there is no rush as the
component was stale for a long time and we could bring it back into the future
if/when the community will show an interest on it.

Kind regards,

Jacopo