FWIW, gradle is in Chocolatey (https://chocolatey.org/packages?q=gradle), as is groovy (https://chocolatey.org/packages?q=groovy), but neither is in NuGet.

        Richard.

Richard Siddall wrote:
Looking at our local mirror server, gradle is not available in CentOS 5,
6, or 7, or Fedora Core 21.  (I assume the same is true of RedHat
Enterprise Linux and the other distros derived from it.)

CentOS 7 and Fedora Core 21 have (modified versions of) groovy 1.8.9.
Earlier versions of CentOS do not have groovy.

I did not look at EPEL or RPMForge as people have strongly held
preferences about the add-on repos they will use, so requiring them to
download packages from a repo they detest to build OFBiz will result in
them going and looking at competing ERP systems.

Last time I installed gradle, I used GVM, which will also install
groovy: http://gvmtool.net/

     Richard.

Adam Heath wrote:
Gradle has to be installed before building ofbiz, so you couldn't use
gradle to install gradle.  And I'd prefer not to embed it directly.  And
custom compiling every single library that one uses day to day isn't
scalable either(let's ignore gentoo).  And some like to only install
what is available in the stable release of whatever OS they are using.
Hence the question.