On May 6, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:

> On 05/06/2015 09:52 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
>> On May 6, 2015, at 4:45 PM, Adam Heath <doo...@brainfood.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Gradle has to be installed before building ofbiz, so you couldn't use
>>> gradle to install gradle.  And I'd prefer not to embed it directly.
>> The Groovy project has some scripts for this:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-groovy/blob/master/gradlew
>
> To restate, the reason I don't want maven, gradle, or ant embedded into
> ofbiz, is that there has been, um, issues, when it comes to using eclipse,
> and other tools, that *also* embed ant.
>
> On this same vein, we don't embed the approved version of the jdk into ofbiz
> either.
>
> With maven, gradle, and ivy, and more modern systems, the target has been to
> move away from embedding dependencies.  It's even a best practice from ASF,
> as it then reduces the load on mirrors.  So, take it to the logical
> conclusion, and don't embed the build system either.

Groovy doesn't embed gradle, this is the reason I was pointing you to that
example.

Here are the notes from Groovy:

At the top directory of your unpacked source, you need to run the command:
    gradle
This sets up the Gradle wrapper and from then on you just need the `gradlew`
command instead of `gradle`.

I hope it helps,