I start a page about the POC for the UI improvement.
I'm not sure if the content is enough but I was wanted to create it. We
can now start some... Jira ? I was wondering one main Jira linked to 4
thanks to those Jira, we can have 4 teams or workgroup to go ahead in
Let me know if I'm doing well,
PS : I'm currently checkout the common-theme provided by Nicolas's
On 28/11/2016 11:28, Sharan Foga wrote:
Another one of the topics that came up during the brainstorming in Seville was
around the UI. In fact we had at least 2 presentations from the OFBiz track at
Apachecon that were about how we could improve our UI.
If the UI was the main focus - what could the strategy look like
- User Interface - have 2 versions of the UI, one very clean and simple, the
other more advanced. (Our current UI could be the advanced one....?
- Separate the web part from the widgets
- We have too many fields on one screen (many of them are not mandatory and are
just included as optional). What if we slimmed down all the screens to have a
sensible default UI for users. The UI could also be modifiable by service
providers. Simplify the screens with defaults
- Use Bootstrap / CSS / Angular
- Isolate web related
- Define a graphics charter to be used for the screens
- Have a CSS convention
- Remove web from the framework - it shouldn't be there
What do people think?
-Do people think it would be a good idea to have 2 versions of the UI? (a
simple one and a more advanced one?)
- Are these the things we would need to focus on or have in place if we wanted
to focus on the UI?
(Also I know Nicolas has mentioned that he has already started work on a Proof
of Concept for a common theme - so do we need to make sure we agree
conventions etc before much more work is done?)