Hi,
As per my understanding, in simple terms, provenance aware workflow
processing means if output is available from previous execution, then that
particular task doesn't require to execute again as output is already
available. Then that output can be used for rest of the workflow execution.
Provenance aware workflow processing  avoids re executing already executed
tasks, thus improving overall performance. Please correct if my
understanding is wrong.

When it comes to Airavata, what is the best way to identify previously
executed tasks. Is it from input and the service name ? Please let me know
your thoughts. Here I am trying to understand best way to use the data
available in Airavata Registry and the OODT metadata catalog. As part of
the OODT-integration, output of task execution ingest into OODT file
manager server together with corresponding meta data. Basically I need to
understand what sort of Metadata that needs to be stored together with the
output. At the moment I am planning to store service name and workflow
instance id together with other metadata extracted based on output by OODT
metadata extractors. I guess I may need to store input as well.
Please let me know your valuable thoughts, it would be really helpful.

Best Regards,
Sanjaya