Hello folks

I'm asking here just incase someone knows a reason why this is a bad idea:

We have a bunch of large files on a slow NFS mount which we're ingesting in
bulk. Its using the LocalDataTransferer to do the ingestion move and in
that code all the move calls are really file copies.

As you'll all know in doing a copy the drive is actually writing bits to
disk, where as doing a move is just moving the file pointer.

Is there a reason why the moveFile method actually uses
 FileUtils.copyFile() before I try FileUtils.moveFile() ?

Because 1 min for a copy vs 0.06 seconds for a move is far more preferable.

Thanks

Tom