Of interest – DRAT is a de facto standard use of Apache OODT (

Proposal to bring it to Apache is mentioned below…

On 8/2/17, 10:35 AM, "Chris Mattmann" <mattm...@apache.org> wrote:

    Hi Board-Chat@,

    CC/Incubator@

    We are proposing to bring DRAT (Distributed Release Audit Tool) to the ASF.
    DRAT is a parallelized version of Apache RAT that uses OODT, Solr and Tika
    compute, visualize and interact with interesting statistics on code
auditing as
    output by RAT and Tika. With DRAT you can:

    • Audit large code repositories (has been tested in 100s of M of lines of
    code, and 1000s of projects)  where RAT fails to complete – an example of
running it across all of Apache
    SVN is here: http://drat.dyndns.org:8080/dratviz/ You can also see its
output
    for a very large set of NSF funded geosciences code repositories here:
    http://drat.dyndns.org:8080/dratontoviz/
    • Visualize and interact with the output from RAT and Tika in a dynamic
fashion
    • Get incremental status from code auditing
    • Audit individual code repos and integrate the results into your project

    DRAT was funded by DARPA, NASA, the NSF and other government entities.

    We have prepared a preliminary proposal here:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/DRATProposal

    We are working on flushing it out more, should be done by this weekend. We
propose
    DRAT to be a straight to TLP (pTLP). I will add a resolution into the Board
agenda for August 2017
    for its consideration. I am CC’ing the Incubator so that we can potentially
attract new contributors
    both seasoned and junior to the project. We also welcome any contributors
from Creadur interested
    in learning more about OODT, Solr, Tika, etc. Also any Wicket gurus – we
are using Wicket for one of
    DRAT’s key user interfaces, Proteus.

    OK, thanks!

    Cheers,