Let us explore changing the default hive version also  to 1.x.   0.13 is old

Thanks

Venkat

On 7/15/16, 11:31 AM, "Robert Kanter" <rkan...@cloudera.com> wrote:

    I don't think we have any guidelines defined anywhere about when it's okay
    to change the minimum Java version, but perhaps we need to wait until the
    next major release (5.0)?  That said, Hadoop did this in a minor release
    and Java 6 was EoL in 2013.  So I'm fine with doing it in 4.3 if nobody has
    an objections; we should just make sure to call that out in our release
    notes.

    Otherwise, nothing comes to mind for anything we should leave out other
    than the Oozie on Yarn stuff, which is not currently in trunk anyway.

    I know there's a number of Spark Action JIRAs; we should make sure to
    include all of these and any pending ones.
    @Rohini, @Puru, @Satish, anything you think needs more time to bake that we
    should hold off on including in the release?

    thanks
    - Robert