Hi everyone,

I would like to create the release branch, branch-5.0.0-beta1 (following
Hadoop release versioning), earlier.

Looking at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/OOZIE/versions/12342048
there are 3 issues in progress (OOZIE-2231, OOZIE-2942, OOZIE-2974) and 3
issues to do (OOZIE-2600, OOZIE-3093, OOZIE-1987). I will push those out to
5.0.0 if there are no objections.

At the same time, I am volunteering to be the release manager if Peter Cseh
does not mind.

Regards,
Attila

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:28 PM, Robert Kanter <rkan...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Sounds good to me!
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 5:17 AM, Andras Piros <andras.pi...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Good idea Gezapeti!
> >
> > Time to wrap things up towards a stable 5.0.0 - a release candidate on
> > 5.0.0b1 is a good first step.
> >
> > Since other components that Oozie uses like Pig and Hive do not (fully)
> > support Hadoop 3, we have to wait with OOZIE-2973
> > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2973>.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andras
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 1:50 PM, Peter Cseh <gezap...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi everyone!
> > >
> > > Now that OOZIE-2969 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2969>
> > is
> > > committed I'd like to start the process of creating the branch for
> > 5.0.0b1
> > > and building a release from there.
> > > It's unfortunate that we won't be able to support Hadoop 3 in the beta
> > for
> > > reasons described in OOZIE-2973
> > > <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-2973>
> > > I don't see any more blockers for the beta1 and I hope we won't find
> > > hard-to-fix major issues so we can release Oozie 5.0.0 in early 2018.
> > > Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
> > > Thanks
> > > gp
> > >
> > > --
> > > Peter Cseh