Since 05:00 (UTC+5) this morning, I have blocked over 150 spammers; the deleted-pages count is higher. Normal would be about half a dozen. And still they come.

In the short run, I can probably handle it, though help from any committer sysops would be useful.

In the long run, some site-maintainer work is needed. The additional powers available in later Mwiki versions might be enough to control this sort of thing. Clayton has advised that upgrading is a non-trivial problem, due to a possible encoding foul-up. Whatever we do, we need to do it sometime soon.

/tj/