On Tuesday 20 Nov 2012 21:06:29 F C. Costero wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 5:20 PM, Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org> wrote:
> > https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=call_for_marketing_vo
> > lunteers
> A minor point about "perhaps second only to Linux and Firefox". Can
> OpenOffice be second to two other products? How about "perhaps outdone
> only by Linux and Firefox in name recognition"?
>
> Francis

In fact second only to Firefox in terms of Brand.  Linux is not that highly
recognised in our simple enduser target market.  Most that have heard of it
actually think that Linux is Ubuntu.

Firefox however is a different kettle of canines.  Brilliant marketing, simple
strategies and the occasional WooHOO moment (The Times square billboard,
bugger all people actually saw the Billboard but the story went viral.) and a
product that has a very broad user base. Mind you it's easy to look hip and
sexy when your opposition had market cornered on Bland!  :)

Cheers