Rob Weir wrote:
https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=call_for_marketing_volunteers

Nice post, and I see it's now published at
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/call_for_marketing_volunteers

but I would suggest to consider a couple of items for community development:

1) The call for QA volunteers has now disappeared from the openoffice.org home page. We were getting several new volunteers per day. It would be nice to add a sentence to
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/call_for_marketing_volunteers
to say that we are still recruiting QA volunteers, and link to the QA post.

2) Welcoming Marketing volunteers has to be smoother than what happened with QA volunteers (most of them didn't subscribe to ooo-qa and we were constantly resending the same links to the list). It would be great if someone on ooo-marketing can commit to: - Send a short welcome note to new volunteers (and complete it with suggestions on how they can help, if their introduction is interesting) - Check that new volunteers are subscribed to the list and tell them how to do it if they aren't (check for the "Delivered-To: moderator" header; Rob included instructions in his post, so most volunteers should subscribe before posting) - Engage new volunteers in some marketing-related discussion when several new people have joined, to win the initial shyness of new volunteers.

Regards,
  Andrea.